On this week’s podcast Dale will be discussing building resilience in the early years with guest Dr. Tina Rae. Tina is a consultant psychologist with over 30 year’s experience working with children, adults and families.
Resilience is a word that some people hate, some understand and other are a bit unsure of what it means. I have met some people who think resilience is made up and dismiss it. I have also seen work in primary schools where they are helping children to become more resilient, talking about a growth mindset.
Resilience has lots of different names – resilience, grit, determination and many other names, but they all have a common thread, which is being able to cope. How else can we describe resilience?
- Rae, T. (2014) Building Resilience. Every Child Journal. 4(6) 31-39
- Rae, T. (2015) The power of positive thinking Every Child Journal. 5(1) 44-53
- Rae, T. (2016) Building Positive Thinking Habits Increasing Self-confidence and resilience in young people through CBT Buckingham: Hinton House Publishers
- Rae, T. (2016) Bouncing back and Coping with change Building Emotional and Social Resilience in Young people aged 9-14 Buckingham: Hinton House Publishers
- Rae, T. & Such, A. (2017) Emotion Coaching A resource bank for parents, carers and professionals London: Nurture Group Network
- Rae, T., & Wood, J. (2019) The Essential Resilience and well-being tool kit for the early years Buckingham: Hinton House Publishers
- Rae, T. (2019) Mindfulness Activity cards Buckingham: Hinton House Publishers
- Rae, T. (2019) Happy Habits Activity cards Buckingham: Hinton House Publishers
Contact Dr Tina Rae
Twitter – @DrTinarae
Email – email@example.com
For more podcast episodes from the SENDcast click below…